Updates and Events

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updates and Events

Post by Yuri on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Okay, so this topic is mainly about Updates and Events. Obviously, it won't be events for a long time, but updates will be certainly dunked here. Anyways:
8th October 2013
So, the first update that i'll be talking about is a lot of staff positions have been debugged. (Admins especially)
Okay, so the Moderator, Mapper, and Developer position's colors have changed. Also, the colors of the staff positions also show like they didn't before. (Admins already did.)

Upcoming Updates
Alright, the upcoming Updates will certainly be good. Starting from making this world-wide, and letting people join the forums all around the world. That would be awesome, as some help will be useful. It would also make us release the game better!

Upcoming Updates # 2: Okay, as you know the signature at the very top of the page, AKA logo, has changed into a smaller picture. We're working on having full sized and better one.

Well, that's it. I'll keep posting all of the updates.

Last edited by Phoenix on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yuri
Admin

View user profile http://protosphereonline.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates and Events

Post by Yuri on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Another update:- I'm trying to make some massive fixtures to the forums, so the members here will be getting some adjustments to make sure that your accounts are working well. I can get into your account and change your passwords and such. So, if you could just Private Message me what you want your password to be, that would be great. ^^
Yuri
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Updates:
Thread 'Forum Games' have been added.

More will be updated shortly!
Yuri
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:46 am

ok I'm back into my account. now a little update on the tiles, I'm currently doing ground tiles for the island. im doing 16x16 tiles. right now I'm going over different ground types. Ill try to post some of them on this thread when I'm done. btw I'm using ptc utilities. if you want the software, phoenix send me a pm. and I'll get right to it.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:15 am

ok im currently using RPGmakerXP with pokemon essentials to learn how to make my stuff while im working on the land maker engine for the project.

im going to work more on the tiles editing some premade tiles to get the kind of poses I need and make some seriously custom stuff, I must warn you though im going to make a ton of tiles so expect to see a massive file for a png.

1 exterior tile png(with many, many, tiles(a mega tileset of sorts) and 1 interior mega tileset. this is going to save me time in setting everything up.

I have to work with autotiles to simplify things, now for the next 3 months this is all im going to do... make graphics. gonna be really easy to implement, just load the files into a data array to use to sort what is what. then im going to code everything then I can start making events on RPGmaker and work out my own engine.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:00 pm

This just in I have finished the gathering aspect of the game, still working on the crafting system, fetch quests are done and right now I'm working on the meat of my game the map mechanics, first will be the world map, the field map(for special boss fights and events(monster recruitment)) and finally the inside map for every building and cave this map has to be finished first then we'll see about the world map and making it work.

the combat system and other features will have to wait until all of the above are done.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:02 pm

ok I ran into some problem for scripting my world map but im back to work on it, trying to find a better way of coding it without conflicts.

crafting system is solved for now its rather simpler in basic to be honest but I can do it in ruby. just gonna take a while. more on that later.

also we might have a few people joining on the project. these are people I play with on warframe for the ps4, both are interested into game design and we might have our graphic artist and music technician all in one. the other is going to get animations going and help me code as well. cross my fingers and hope it works!!!
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:20 pm

ok currently I found a wonderfull way of making my map engine work but the problem is I don't know how to code it yet in basic. still working on arrays and subroutines. this is very important to know.

now its going to go like this im going to have 2 outside maps 1 for terrain and one for objects and the same thing for inside maps.

now the theory is that I want the player to trigger an invisible loading of the spot he want to go to so the loading starts at about five blocks away from gates, gates cannot be placed too close for now but that will change when the gate's flame is orange its not ready yet to let the player in but once its blue its done loading. the same thing for the torches in front of doors or lights in the home world.

the only difference from outside maps to inside maps is that inside maps only load what they use from the big section and they don't get moved around.

that being said, I am getting more done. soon, I will have my technical demo out on youtube as a showpiece. to show my progress.
and to peak the interest of gamers.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Hello!
I am back! I had some life issues to deal with, sorry for the absence.
Anyways, I'm here to say that I will continue work with the graphics, and make some major forum fixtures.
Admin color is also final.

Expect some massive changes to the forums!
See ya!
Yuri
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:53 pm

collecting more code information on setup for parts of my program. I have to make sure that it wont screw things up. so I have to make a tileset as a template for making more then build my code around it so I can change the tiles sets on the go without screwing up the background.

like that it will make my life easier to implement tiles into a map via "pixels" like that I can have a terrain loader and an object loader for the terrain. more later..
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:45 am

New update. im almost done with the demo recipe list. And its not going to be all that big but it will have its own storyline and its own monsters and bosses to deal with. the features are going to be mind blowing and I have a lot on my plate to be sure. working right now on a memory system for characters selected memory fragments. a unique feature im trying to work out. more things are going to happen. but I have the base necessities for the game I have to work on.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top