Project"ProtoSphere:The Quest For Spheria"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Project"ProtoSphere:The Quest For Spheria"

Post by Haneko on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Ok this is the game topic of the project here I'll talk about the game in various aspects. ok since it is a run of the mill pokemon with some things tweaked. im going to look at some code, and work on the base skeleton of the game.

Now the monters we will have in the beginning will be light or dark at first to test their prejudiced traits I'm going to keep things simple. so there will not be more than 7 types.

SO on another side note, I'm going to make a test map to test some of my code to see if it works properly. stuff like movements, menus and combat. are going to happen first, then I'm going to work on a save states and items.

This is a ton of work, and Quite frankly it would be a lot easier to have a big team. but for now its just me and Phoenix.

Now right now I'm going to work on the flow of the game so I have to make some components. before I make the title screen I'm making the launcher, then I'm loading the graphics of the launcher. after that when you press the play button I'm going to make the game load quietly and invisibly, so you only see the game title screen pop. more updates on this project.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project"ProtoSphere:The Quest For Spheria"

Post by Haneko on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Ok nvm I am currently finishing the title screen and came up with something simple and quick to make. I am working on 2 monsters on my pad of paper. once I'm done that ill be making pictures on paint. The game is going to be revolutionary in its own way, but enough of that. for now the sprites are on hold, until I can get a proper concept art. and I'm making the sprites and then erasing them.

Also for the coding of the arrays I have it set up it will take more time, but I'll get it done. figuring how to make an inheritance array is going to be interesting
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:41 pm

ok Yesterday I lost a lot of tiles I had made due to a power outage, today I am working on the tiles for my project, although I am flexible enough to use some of the textures of pokemon. I'm just not going to use the poke center or pokemart anything with a pokemon or pokemon symbols, out of respect.

I'm trying to use them to create a base map for the player to enjoy. now if anyone wants to join in and help supply graphic materials for the terrain and building tiles, go right ahead. to all those who help this project come to fruition an honorable mention in the credits is guarantied. now for the maps and objects we will make a png file for the tiles. Ill make the program to give them shape and collision.

This is for until I can make some decent enough textures, for people who want to donate you'll have to wait until I have a demo to sell the idea of the game and a trailer. This will be hosted on my youtube account.

Back to making tiles...lol
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Good luck getting the tilesets back, haha. xD
Yuri
Admin

View user profile http://protosphereonline.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:34 pm

not happening when my system restore was before I even made them...T-T

Right now I made a test map for a world map and its somewhat looking legit but its just to test tracking and path finding.

problem being solves with tiles downloads for pokemon tiles and a little editing by your truly to make our own tiles they are in 16 by 16 format and that's in pixels... I'm currently chopping them up for ease of use of the cropping function of ms paint. essentially ill let you make some modules but the first modules will be the Home modules. I'm going to increase the size of the home and towns based on the same lines of code.

Chopping up some tiles for you. also I'm going to have to just keep making more tiles. once we are done we crop the modules save them to a *Something*Module*#* jpeg image we are going to have only the base landscape done on layer one and for each layer we as something to separate the tiles and make a better game module.

From those terrain modules we will have better idea how to generate the terrain each time the module is being placed. I have still a lot of work to do. more updates coming soon...
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:51 pm

News flash the home is no longer a tree house but a crystal your character can grow by acquiring certain materials for a growth unit. this growth unit can add an area to your house for new facilities. much cooler idea than the tree house idea which has been overused
in past games.

And to be honest much easier to draw as well since I can use a ruler for the straight lines. Im currently looking at various crystals to pick and choose how the house will look like as soon as I finish the house concept art i'll post it in. and if people like it enough I might create items to change the look of the house to various potential forms.

doing the code for the stats and the ui, not fun but I have to finish this before I try to make a Frankenstein program.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:42 am

New update tomorrow im working on tiles for the house and land modules, be advised I am using 8 bit tiles and 32 bit tiles for precision and clumps for rapid pasting.

Gonna work on 3 groups of tiles also I'll make a png of what I want it to look like for concept art "gameplay" style. essentially art on a "sheet of paper" of what kind of gameplay I'm looking for.

So phoenix we need a gallery for pictures I will send you some things to whet the players appetite for the game. got my groove back on... ;P
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:20 pm

well im done for the system to build your land now im currently working on pure graphics, once im done im going to make a demo on RPGMakerXP and film it on youtube. then just pasting a link in the update videos.pay no mind to me for now im getting quite busy...
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:35 pm

still busy, wow I need something like over 80 different tilesets for terrain and objects and its not even funny. On a side news my engine is going according to plan, I'm setting up the classes for building terrain but I'm far from anything available for a preview. im doing a bit of ruby programing in RPGMakerXP.

On a side note, there's a few things I need to get ready, Graphics, SFX, BGM, in that order. still hunting for stuff to make the game easier to make and build not quite organized. but I'm getting there.

Upon April I'm getting my credit card back and I will start a donation page. the only thing people need to do is send the money to my paypal and I'll be using that money to get things done quicker. stuff like getting liscences and materials, some professional help for the project. and if anyone is interested in helping with making new monsters and pictures or tilesets go right ahead. im going to try to fine tune the editing engine for the land building mechanics to work.

I'm currently working on resource gathering for the main character. you are not going to farm metals and ores from monsters, but from ore veins which will be hidden from your sight. these gathering objects might look like normal objects but they aren't. they are infact event's scripted into each route module and the home terrain.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:43 am

crafting is done. but the map engine is not. im using standins for graphics till I can make something better.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:16 pm

I now have something of a better idea on my map engine ill be able to do it as I originally wanted to do it.

->temlpates base templates that used a default "kit" and the save data layers to help store and load the information.

->I am making a better use of instances like create events and destroy events.

very very soon I will be done with the map engine. so keep your hopes up.

I am doing all the work for now...
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top