Project update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Project update

Post by Haneko on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:21 am

ok well here it goes I am currently working on a tech demo to illustrate a few elements of the game project and right now im getting more successful achievements. im relearning how to make fetch quests, and making my own custom UI for messages and other things, slowly making progress with the main mechanics. doing it in ruby.

soon I'll be doing complete scripting in advance, for everything. then make a basic demo for a technical aspect of my game to engender the public with something to anticipate when I have some funds to help with the game development. Ill be doing the offline client first, and once I can make enough money to get the things I need to make a server for hosting the game, then there will be an online client.

Might be able to get that demo in April, if things keep going well. if not the donation page is still going up and I'm still gonna make that demo.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project update

Post by Haneko on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:12 pm

*update* things are going smoothly but not smoothly enough, I have to rework my code. so im bouncing back between ruby and basic to see how to code it. its certainly not easy but once I am done with this the worst of it is over.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Sun May 04, 2014 1:03 pm

things are being organized right now. simplifying my stat system, the OFFICIAL stats are

Health:(your "HP")
Energy:(Your "EP")
Resolve:(your special bar either for extra health or extra energy)

Attributes
Force(Attack)
Solidity(Defence)
Mobility(Speed)
Resonnance(Special attack)
Wisdom(Special defence)
Influence(a social stat)

this is now the official stats for this game. also you will be increasing your stat exp either by fighting or training, training stats for your monsters is free but takes time, training their bars though is expensive but quick.

also i'm going on the job of making my first moveset for the two starters, once they are done I will post it on this forum.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Tue May 06, 2014 8:20 pm

News flash on the progress just set up my clock program for the game to keep track of time, and yes this clocks runs even during battle to calculate when its day time or night time. With this minuscule update, back to moveset. also the test starter is going to be a secret monster i can't reveal the name but its a very wierd legendary.

this creature is going to have only physical and special moves of a non elemental moveset. this will be to test things with. later i will change its moveset and save only 2 moves from that list. as signature moves.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Wed May 14, 2014 11:51 am

Was able to fix my menu so now it will never lock nomatter where you go. if you go too high is buts you to the bottom selection of the menu. and if you go too low it puts you to the top of the selection menu. finishing the clock program we are going to get. just need some more tweaking. and i have now a printer so soon i will be making sketches and filling them in with paint.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:20 pm

computer has died but its only a matter of time before i get it fixed, right now as it stands i have done alot of work on the project but i lost most of my code.

WE are very lucky to have a new version of Luku 2.0 an updated draft of my main mascot for Doveline Studios..

I have been busy on and off about new features, crunched up some numbers for a macro system of about 1000 levels and a stat cap of 10K in each attribute.
worked on the values and factors each stat have on moves and other things related to combat. I have revised the hp formula for massive hp gauges. and guess what it all works on the mathematical level. still have to finish energy cost versus energy gauge size. I have to say i spent an awful lot of time and effort to complete most parts of the project.

Were going to change protosphere online for something else So "Quest for Spheria" is still a go. So maybe "ProtoSphere;-Quest for Spheria". Alot of people are trying to cash in on the projects marketability. lol
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:33 am

this is something new I am now making an actual playable demo on rpgmaker xp.
I am currently building up my library and making my game run on a modular plugin system. this should help people make mods for it soon as soon as I can make the game library.

right now the map library is being a pain in the neck, but ill manage.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:12 pm

ok I'm now getting less of a new to get into college for my coding education. and with gml I am done with player movement and animation, I am also working with dialog boxes and soundfonts for character "voices". once I am done I'll get back to work on tiling. I am making huge progress in the last month. so I'll keep you guys posted. once I have something worth showing a screen shot you guys will get to see this stuff. and as always there won't be a reason to make this game pay to play.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneko on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:50 pm

ok tiling didn't go as expected, so I'm doing some redesigns. map system in the works but I'm getting a better idea on how it works. so ill be using gamemaker from now on as it is far easier to learn from than other platforms, and I can make my sprites live and use them right away with the built in transparency.

Alarms are an easy system to exploit intelligently. im not figuring out a system for what I want the map engine to be and how to manage the world map.
3 maps and a few arrays and ds maps for precision and a whole lot of code.

very good news so far.
Haneko
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top